ePetition - Support Love Activists' Solution Based Proposals to End Homelessness
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Petition
Support Love Activists' Solution Based Proposals to End Homelessness
1. Every homeless person is vulnerable and should therefore be considered in priority need, including those in temporary accommodation.
2. The Housing First model should be expanded to offer housing to all of the city's homeless people, offering adequate support to suit each individual's needs.
3. The Severe Weather Emergency Protocol (SWEP) should be activated immediately, in any weather which threatens rough sleepers' health, particularly the wet.
4. The council should activate the Extended Winter Provision of the Severe Weather Emergency Protocol immediately. The emergency shelters should be opened every night, over the winter and beyond.
5. Affordable social rents should be imposed on private landlords and property investors, prioritising the provision of permanent homes until everyone is securely housed.
6. Reform the LASPO act, to make squatting empty properties safe and equitable for property owners and otherwise homeless people.
7. Because of the so-called 'first mover loses' phenomenon, it will be necessary for local authorities around the country to work together, in order to implement these measures nationally.
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWzXPg-rmLQ
This ePetition ran from 23/11/2015 to 28/01/2016 and has now finished.
76 people signed this ePetition.
The petition will be presented to the full Council meeting on the 28th January 2016.