ePetition - Create 45 degree parking bays on Roedale road to improve local residents quality of life
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Petition
Create 45 degree parking bays on Roedale road to improve local residents quality of life
The benefits for this would be: -
- A decision to help improve living conditions without causing division within the community as it could not be considered elitist as no one would be paying for permits, especially in these difficult financial circumstances we are currently facing.
- The lack of parking effects many shifts workers as parking is
gone by 5 pm. Even in the day it is incredibly challenging as
residents from 5 ways and other permitted areas, such as students
or families who can not afford a permit on their second car leave
them in Hollingdean for prolonged periods of time. Shift workers
include a lot of key workers from transport to healthcare. We feel
it is not fair after someone has completed a 12 hour shift has the
stress of facing no parking when they get home and a potentially
over half an hour walk.
- An increase in available parking for residents by roughly a factor of two. Speaking to councillors I felt they were aware of the concerns the community has over shortage of parking, where these problems will be increased as the new permit zones come into place around us and with the return of the University students who park along this road.
- Increase in the level of safety of Roedale road for families. Roedale road is a cut through for traffic which suffers from fast moving traffic. Greater than the current 20 mph speed limit allows for. I believe one of the factors for this is the width of the road where a car can perform an overtake without the risk of impending oncoming traffic (ie 3 abreast). With the 45-degree bays the road would become similar to a standard width road with its area deterring traffic from speeding. I am aware this issue has been raised to the council by the community.
- Future proofing in regard to green policy, as electric cars become more reliable with increased range their presents will slowly increase into our area, with increasing government targets. generic wiring used for streetlights, most likely (4 millimetres cabling) would not be able to cope with increased current. Having bays would decrease the distance between charging points when high current cables would have to be laid so less distance would have to be dug up, potentially saving the council thousands of pounds and man hours.
Started by: David Toyer
This ePetition ran from 02/02/2021 to 24/03/2021 and has now finished.
41 people signed this ePetition.