Decisions for issue Royal Pavilion and Museums - transfer to RPM Trust
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Issue
Issue - decisions
Royal Pavilion and Museums - transfer to RPM Trust
RESOLVED: That the Committee
1. Approved the legal agreements (the Services Contract and the Transfer Agreement) which will be put in place between the Council and the RPM Trust, and delegates authority to the Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture to make minor amendments to the legal agreements and to make material amendments in consultation with group leaders.
2. Delegated authority to the Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture to appoint 3 members to the board of the RPM Trust as nominated by the leaders of the three political groups.
3. Agreed that the Royal Pavilion & Museums service will transfer to the Royal Pavilion & Museums Trust on 1 April 2020.
4. Agreed that leasing the buildings to the RPM Trust will help to secure the promotion and improvement of the economic and social well-being of the area and that the Council should enter into leases based on the appended heads of terms (Appendix 6) and delegates authority to the Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture to agree the final terms of those leases.
5. Delegated authority to take any other steps necessary to implement the transfer of the service to RPM Trust in consultation with group leaders.
6. Agreed to the Trust joining the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) as an admitted body on an ‘open’ scheme basis.
7. Approved the amended IPR Policy appended to the Collection Schedule (Appendix 4).
8. Approved the proposal for the Council to carry out works to the roof of the Brighton Museum and Art Gallery and authorises the Executive Director, Environment & Culture to commence any procurements necessary to complete these works and agrees to a capital budget of £1.260m being included in the council’s Capital Investment Programme.
9. Approved the indicative fee of £1.181m reducing to £0.691m per year for the fee term 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2025 subject to approval at Annual Budget Council in February.
10. Agreed to make a cash flow facility of up to £0.500m available to the RPM Trust within the first five years of operation and to delegate authority to the Executive Director, Environment & Culture and the Executive Director, Finance & Resources to agree the terms and repayment period if called upon