Agenda item - BH2021/02475 - 55 Goldstone Crescent, Hove - Removal or Variation of Condition
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
BH2021/02475 - 55 Goldstone Crescent, Hove - Removal or Variation of Condition
1. The Planning manager introduced the report to the committee.
2. Councillor Yates was informed that the there tweaks only to the internal layout of the property, nothing significant.
3. Councillor Theobald considered the property to be of a poor design, overbearing, out of keeping in the streetscene and should be family homes, not blocks of flats. The considered the blocks of flats to be too big and would vote against the application.
4. Councillor Fishleigh considered that the developer was submitting this design now as they wouldn’t have got planning permission originally. The councillor stated they would vote against the application.
5. Councillor Barnett considered that the character of the road had gone as a result of the blocks of flats.
6. Councillor Yates stated they supported the application.
7. Councillor Littman commented that they understood the issues raised, however, planning permission has been granted and they would support the variation of condition.
8. A vote was taken, and by 5 to 4 the committee voted to grant planning permission. (The chair used the casting vote).
9. RESOLVED: That the Committee has taken into consideration and agrees with the reasons for the recommendation set out in the report and resolves to be MINDED TO GRANT planning permission subject to a s106 agreement on the Heads of Terms set out in the report and the following Conditions and Informatives as set out in the report, SAVE THAT should the s106 Planning Obligation not be completed on or before the 3rd February 2022 the Head of Planning is hereby authorised to refuse planning permission.
- Item G BH2021-02475 Goldstone Cres 55, item 46G PDF 2 MB
- Header BH2021 02475 - 55 Goldstone Crescent, item 46G PDF 22 KB View as HTML (46G/1) 3 KB
- Plan BH2021 02475 - 55 Goldstone Crescent, item 46G PDF 228 KB
- Report BH2021 02475 - 55 Goldstone Crescent, item 46G PDF 194 KB View as HTML (46G/3) 81 KB
- Cllr Bagaeen Rep BH2021 02475 - 55 Goldstone Crescent, item 46G PDF 116 KB View as HTML (46G/4) 4 KB