Agenda item - The Queen's Platinum Jubilee
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
The Queen's Platinum Jubilee
Proposed by Councillor Nemeth on behalf of the Conservative Group.
34.1 The Notice of Motion as listed in the agenda was proposed by Councillor Nemeth on behalf of the Conservative Group and formally seconded by Councillor Simson.
34.2 Councillor Appich moved an amendment on behalf of the Labour group which was formally seconded by Councillor Evans.
34.3 Councillor Nemeth confirmed that he could not accept the amendment.
34.4 The Deputy Mayor then put the amendment to the vote which was carried by 10 votes to 3 with 1 abstention.
34.5 The Deputy Mayor then put the following motion as amended to the vote
1. Wholeheartedly backs calls to light the city’s historic beacons and equivalent structures on 2nd June 2022 in celebration of Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee;
2. Expresses its wish that the new lighting is operational in advance of the Jubilee celebrations; and
3. Requests the Tourism, Equalities, Communities & Culture Committee to receive an officer report on 16th September to set out options for the above,to include investigating support for community street parties.
34.6 The Deputy Mayor confirmed that the motion had been carried unanimously.
- Item 34 ConGrp Queen's Platinum JubileeNoM, item 34. PDF 254 KB View as HTML (34./1) 9 KB
- Item 34 LabGrp amend Queens Jubilee 15.7.21, item 34. PDF 269 KB View as HTML (34./2) 12 KB