Agenda item - To receive petitions and e-petitions.
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
To receive petitions and e-petitions.
To receive any petitions to be presented to the Mayor by members of the public and/or Members as notified by the due date of 1 July 2021 (10 working days):
(1) Whitehawk Speed Bumps – Lead petitioner Julie Mack
(2) Portland Road Crossing – Lead petitioner Christopher Hawtree
(3) Residential Parking Tarmac Verge – Lead petitioner Toni Ball
(4) 20mph Speed Limit on Portland Road – Lead petitioner Councillor Nemeth
(5) Free School Travel for Children in Whitehawk, Bristol Estate and Manor Farm – Lead petitioner Carlie Goldsmith
(6) Stop the Council Closing Stapley Road – Lead petitioner Councillor Barnett
(7) Ask Our Council to Create a Safe Access to Bexhill Road Play Area – Lead petitioner Tom Wright.
18.1 The Deputy Mayor stated that she had been notified of 6 petitions to be presented and invited the submission of petitions from councillors and members of the public. She reminded the Council that petitions would be referred to the appropriate decision-making body without debate and the person presenting the petition would be invited to attend the meeting to which the petition was referred.
18.2 Ms Mack presented a petition signed by residents concerning a request for speed bumps to be installed in Whitehawk.
18.3 Mr Hawtree presented a petition signed by over 800 residents concerning the need for a crossing at Portland Road.
18.4 Councillor Nemeth presented a petition signed by 687 residents calling for a 20mph speed limit along Portland Road.
18.5 Ms Goldsmith presented a petition signed by over 900 residents concerning the need for free school travel for children in Whitehawk.
18.6 Councillor Simson presented a petition on behalf of Councillor Barnett signed by 660 residents requesting that the proposed closure of Stapley Road was not implemented.
18.7 Mr Wright presented a petition signed by 340 residents calling for a safe access to the Bexhill Road play area.
18.8 The Deputy Mayor noted thanked the petitioners for presenting their petitions and confirmed that would be referred to the appropriate committee for consideration.