Agenda item - BH2019/03132 - Glenside, Wincombe Road, Brighton- Full Planning
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
BH2019/03132 - Glenside, Wincombe Road, Brighton- Full Planning
Conversion of existing dwelling house (C3) to form two 1no bedroom flats, one 2no bedroom flat and one 3no bedroom flat (C3) with new front balcony at first floor level, revised fenestration and other associated works.
(1) The Principal Planning Officer, Liz Arnold, introduced the application and gave a detailed presentation by reference to plans, floor plans, site plans, photographs and elevational drawings setting out the proposed scheme. The application related to a two-storey detached house on the southern side of Wincombe Road which comprised two-storey, detached and semi-detached residential houses set out on large plots. This application had been submitted following a previous refusals which had been dismissed at appeal by the Planning Inspectorate who had considered that the principle of development was acceptable, but had had a number of concerns. Those concerns had included the design of the loft conversion and the standard of accommodation to be provided.
(2) It was noted that the main considerations in determining this application related to the principle of the development, the design and appearance of the works and how they would impact on the standard of accommodation for future occupiers and the amenity of existing neighbours. It was considered that the scheme as amended and now put forward addressed the previous reasons for refusal and that the concerns raised by the Planning Inspector had also been addressed; approval was therefore recommended.
Questions of Officers
(3) Councillor Shanks sought clarification of the differences between the currently submitted and previously refused schemes.
Debate and Decision Making Process
(4) Councillor Littman stated that he considered that the scheme as now put forward was acceptable. He had considered it important however for the Committee to be updated in respect of the current scheme in view of the fact that earlier applications had been refused with those reasons for refusal upheld in part by the Planning Inspectorate. Those concerns had now been addressed.
(5) As no further matters were raised a vote was then taken. A vote was taken and on a vote of 8 to 1 planning permission was granted.
75.1 RESOLVED – That the Committee has taken into consideration and agrees with the reasons for the recommendation set out in the report and resolves to GRANT planning permission subject to the Conditions and Informatives also set out in the report.
- Header BH2019 03132 Glenside Wincombe Road, item 75A PDF 4 KB
- Plan BH2019 03132 Glenside Wincombe Road, item 75A PDF 404 KB
- A Report BH2019 03132 Glenside Wincombe Road.doc, item 75A PDF 81 KB