Agenda item - Procedural Business
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
(a) Declaration of Substitutes: Where Councillors are unable to attend a meeting, a substitute Member from the same Political Group may attend, speak and vote in their place for that meeting.
(b) Declarations of Interest or Lobbying
(a) Disclosable pecuniary interests;
(b) Any other interests required to be registered under the local code;
(c) Any other general interest as a result of which a decision on the matter might reasonably be regarded as affecting you or a partner more than a majority of other people or businesses in the ward/s affected by the decision.
In each case, you need to declare
(i) the item on the agenda the interest relates to;
(ii) the nature of the interest; and
(iii) whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest or some other interest.
If unsure, Members should seek advice from the committee lawyer or administrator preferably before the meeting.
(d) All Members present to declare any instances of lobbying they have encountered regarding items on the agenda.
(c) Exclusion of Press and Public: To consider whether, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted, or the nature of the proceedings, the press and public should be excluded from the meeting when any of the following items are under consideration.
NOTE: Any item appearing in Part 2 of the Agenda states in its heading the category under which the information disclosed in the report is exempt from disclosure and therefore not available to the public.
A list and description of the exempt categories is available for public inspection at Brighton and Hove Town Halls.
a Declarations of substitutes
.1 Councillor Siriol Hugh-Jones stated that they were substituting for Councillor Leo Littman.
b Declarations of interests
b.1 Councillor Tracey Hill stated that:
· they had submitted a letter of representation for Item P: BH2019/00315 and would be stepping down as Chair of the meeting for that item.
· they were formerly the deputy Chair of the Housing Committee and saw the pre-application submission for Item B: BH2018/03541. They also stated that they were of a neutral mind regarding the planning application.
b.2 Councillor Daniel Yates: stated that:
· they had met with Council officers regarding Item B: BH2018/03541 in their previous role as council leader. They also stated that they were of a neutral mind regarding the planning application.
· re: item A he had met the developer as leader but gave no formal indication of support and retained an open mind; and
· re: item K he had objected and would leave the chamber.
b.3 Councillor Phelim Mac Cafferty - item A – stated that they had attended the South East Design Panel but had not determined the application and had an open mind
c Exclusion of the press and public
.3 In accordance with Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 (‘the Act’), the Planning Committee considered whether the public should be excluded from the meeting during consideration of any item of business on the grounds that it is likely in view of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the public were present during it, there would be disclosure to them of confidential information as defined in Section 100A (3) of the Act.
.4 RESOLVED - That the public are not excluded from any item of business on the agenda.