Agenda item - Coast to Capital European Structural & Investment Funds 2014 – 20
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Agenda item
Coast to Capital European Structural & Investment Funds 2014 – 20
- Meeting of Greater Brighton Economic Board, Friday, 13th February, 2015 2.00pm (Item 32.)
- View the background to item 32.
Report of the Chair, Greater Brighton Officer Programme Board (copy attached).
32.1 The Board considered a report that provided an update on European Structural & Investment Fund (ESIF) funding in the Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership (C2C LEP) area including a summary of the thematic priorities, match funding requirements and likely timescales. The report also provided information on the C2C ESIF Committee and sought a Greater Brighton representative and alternative to be nominated to sit on the Committee. The report was supplemented with a presentation.
32.2 John A. Peel added that the issue was a complex one. Coast to Capital as an area would not be making decisions and instead would make recommendations to central government for endorsement. Furthermore, there would be a very short timeframe to work to as progressed had been significantly delayed by a misunderstanding from the EU regarding the format of LEP’s.
32.3 RESOLVED- That the Greater Brighton Economic Board:
(1) Notes the update on the C2C ESIF Programme;
(2) Agrees the nomination of the Chair of the Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership as the Greater Brighton representative on the C2C ESIF Committee;
(3) Agrees the nomination of the Director of the Shoreham Port Authority as the Greater Brighton alternate on the C2C ESIF Committee, and;
(4) Agrees to task the Greater Brighton Officer Programme Board with continuing to develop a pipeline of ESIF projects, working with partners in Greater Brighton and across the wider C2C LEP area.