Decision - Impact of Tree Diseases
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Impact of Tree Diseases
Decision Maker: Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The report will update the committee on the
current situation with elm disease in Brighton and Hove
1) Note the initial projected cost of £3.4 million to deal with ash dieback (of which £0.352 million relates to ash trees on housing land) over the next 5 – 10 years.
2) Recommend to Policy & Resources Committee the allocation of an initial tranche of £0.400 million funding during the 21/22 budget setting to start tackling Ash die-back.
3) Notes the cost pressure of £0.300 million in 20/21 for dealing with elm disease which is being managed within budget by making in- year savings.
4) Recommends that Policy & Resources allocate £0.200 million in the budget setting for 21/22 to deal with elm disease next year.
5) Approves the approaches being taken to tackle these two diseases.
Report author: Robert Walker
Publication date: 25/11/2020
Date of decision: 24/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 24/11/2020 - Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee