Decision - Greater Brighton Digital Action Plan
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Greater Brighton Digital Action Plan
Decision Maker: Greater Brighton Economic Board
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1) That the Board agrees with the key priorities and projects identified from the workshop outlined in this paper and the Action Plan at Appendix 1. Actions suggested for the Board itself are outlined below.
2) That the Board endorse the multimode delivery model for full fibre as outlined in the strategy, recognising the need for different models in different contexts.
3) That the Board creates/identifies a group to explore an integrated visitor destination strategy to include digital expert representation.
4) That the Board supports the identification of local authority transport leads, and supports a discovery workshop on smart/intelligent transport.
5) That the Board requests a workshop on “business and digital” bringing Business Hothouse partners, representatives from economic development teams and digital experts together to explore opportunities to develop the digital offer to businesses in relation to productivity and innovation.
6) That the Board request local authority contributions to a mapping exercise for resident/community digital inclusion initiatives across the Greater Brighton for reporting to a future Board meeting.
7) That the Board considers how to establish a bid development fund to allow for the creation of “bid-ready” project proposals, potentially through contributions from member authorities. Projects requiring funding are highlighted in the action plan.
8) That the Board acknowledges the strategic role being played by the Everything Connects group chaired by Alex Bailey, and notes the extension of an invitation to join for Lewes District Council, delivering representation from all areas.
Report author: Andy Hill
Publication date: 28/01/2020
Date of decision: 28/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 28/01/2020 - Greater Brighton Economic Board
Effective from: 05/02/2020