Decision - Black Rock Enabling Works
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Black Rock Enabling Works
Decision Maker: Policy & Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Progress report on the C2C capital funded
Enabling Works at Black Rock and agreement to submit a planning
application to progress the works
RESOLVED: That the Committee
1. Agreed that the planning application for a package of site preparation and public realm works at the Black Rock site and surrounding area are submitted to include:
o Sea wall replacement and Marina pedestrian connection
o Infrastructure to enable a future public transport “Marina access link”
o Junction improvements and new signalling arrangements at Duke’s Mound.
2. Noted the recommendation elsewhere on this agenda to establish a task and finish cross party member working group consisting of 1 member from each group.
3. Agreed that officers continue to negotiate final terms of agreements with Brighton Marina Company, Longbow and Land Securities or the proposed new purchaser, CIT Group inc. in order to facilitate the rebuilding of the sea wall Black Rock frontage, the pedestrian connection and the Black Rock/Marina access link beneath the access ramps.
4. Authorised the Executive Director Economy, Environment & Culture to commence any procurements necessary to carry out the enabling works and to enter into any legal agreements required to facilitate the works.
5. Agreed the package of site preparation, infrastructure and public realm works up to £12.111m described in the Enabling Works section of this report and which is included in the council’s approved capital investment programme.
6. Noted the net loss of 10 car parking spaces in the Black Rock public car park to create informal play space.
Report author: Katharine Pearce
Publication date: 05/12/2019
Date of decision: 05/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/12/2019 - Policy & Resources Committee