Decision - Draft General Fund Revenue Budget and Capital Strategy 2020/21
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Draft General Fund Revenue Budget and Capital Strategy 2020/21
Decision Maker: Policy & Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Update on the General Fund budget projections
for 2020/21 including draft 4 year budget plans
RESOLVED: That the Committee
1. Noted the updated forecasts for resources and expenditure for 2020/21 based on a planning assumption of a 1.99% Council Tax increase and 2.00% Adult Social Care Precept.
2. Noted the 2020/21 Budget Plans at Appendix 2 including draft savings proposals for 2020/21.
3. Directed that the draft savings proposals identified at Appendix 2 be subject to further consultation and engagement with all relevant stakeholders as appropriate, meeting all statutory consultation requirements.
4. Noted the update on the separate Schools and HRA budget setting processes set out in section 7.
5. Noted the Capital Strategy update set out in paragraphs 5.13 to 5.16.
6. Agreed the approach to engagement and consultation set out in paragraph 9.4.
7. Received and noted the draft Equality Impact Assessments undertaken in relation to the draft budget proposals.
8. Noted that subsequent decisions and information from central government regarding the Local Government Financial Settlement (LGFS) may impact on the proposals in this report.
Report author: James Hengeveld
Publication date: 05/12/2019
Date of decision: 05/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/12/2019 - Policy & Resources Committee
- Draft General Fund Revenue Budget and Capital Strategy 2020/21 PDF 395 KB
- Appendix 1: Draft Budget Changes from 2019/20 to 2020/21 PDF 127 KB
- Appendix 2: Draft 2020/21 Budget Plans PDF 630 KB
- Appendix 3: Draft Summary 5 Year Capital Programme PDF 287 KB
- Appendix 4: Draft Budget Equality Impact Assessments PDF 529 KB