Decision - Climate Assembly
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Decision Maker: Policy & Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To establish a programme to meet the Council's
carbon reduction target; and to establish a member working group to
oversee delivery of the programme
RESOLVED: That the Committee
1. Approved the establishment of a City Assembly.
2. Noted the council’s ongoing work to reduce carbon emissions.
3. Noted the establishment of a carbon reduction programme to achieve the target of Brighton & Hove becoming carbon neutral by 2030.
4. Noted the requirement to develop an engagement programme to inform this work, to include a City Assembly.
5. Agreed to establish a cross-party member working group to oversee the implementation of the 2030 Carbon Reduction Programme; and to allocate seats, with a suggested 3:3:2 balance.
6. Agreed to identify resources through the budget-setting process for a Climate Change/Carbon Neutral budget line in the 2020/21 revenue and capital budget, to make provision to develop the proposals endorsed by the city assembly.
Noted the Notice of Motion agreed at 24th October
Full Council and agreed that work on these measures be taken
forward as part of the Carbon Reduction Programme.
Report author: Chloe Sands
Publication date: 05/12/2019
Date of decision: 05/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/12/2019 - Policy & Resources Committee