Decision - Royal Pavilion & Museums Advisory Group
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Royal Pavilion & Museums Advisory Group
Decision Maker: Tourism, Development & Culture Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To seek approval for the Terms of Reference
for an Advisory Board to provide professional peer support and
advice to the service, as required by the Council's funding
agreement with Arts Council England.
1) That the Committee agrees to establish an advisory group of independent museums specialists, working to the Terms of Reference attached in the Appendix to this report.
2) That the Committee delegates to the Executive Director for Economy, Environment & Culture, in liaison with the Chair of the Committee, to seek and appoint appropriate individuals.
3) That the Committee notes that a further report will be brought on 7th March 2019 advising of the names of RPMAG members and seeking approval to appoint a Chair.
4) That the Committee notes that, as set out at paragraphs 2.1.7 and 2.1.8 in the report approved by PRG on 11 October 2018, it is planned that once the project reaches the Implementation phase, the Advisory Group will be superseded by a Board of Trustees for a charitable entity, recruited through an open process, and that a further report will be brought to Committee at this time.
5) That the Committee notes that progress with plans to prepare for a move to Trust is ahead of schedule.
Report author: Janita Bagshawe
Publication date: 18/01/2019
Date of decision: 17/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 17/01/2019 - Tourism, Development & Culture Committee