Decision - Strategic Risk Focus: SR30, SR23, SR21 and SR26
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Strategic Risk Focus: SR30, SR23, SR21 and SR26
Decision Maker: Audit & Standards Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Audit & Standards Committee has a role
to monitor and form an opinion on the effectiveness of risk
management and internal control. As part of discharging this role
the Committee focuses on at least two Strategic Risks at each of
their meetings and invites Risk Owners to attend to answer their
questions based on the risk management documents circulated with
RESOLVED: That the Committee:
1. Noted the streamlining of the risk management process as agreed at ELT on 21 November 2018.
2. Noted the changes to the council’s SRR.
3. Noted Appendix 1 for details of SR30; SR23; SR21; and SR26.
4. Noted Appendix 2: Information on the council’s risk management process relative to Strategic Risks (SRs); and Suggested questions for Members to ask Risk Owners and officers on Strategic Risks.
5. Having considered Appendix 1 and any clarification and/or comments from the officers, the Committee did not decide to make any recommendations to any other council body.
Report author: Jackie Algar
Publication date: 08/01/2019
Date of decision: 08/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 08/01/2019 - Audit & Standards Committee