Decision - Disabled Facilities Grant ( DFG ) Housing Policy Update 2018
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Disabled Facilities Grant ( DFG ) Housing Policy Update 2018
Decision Maker: Housing & New Homes Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
provides an update on the implementation,
spend and delivery of the DFG Housing policy approved at H&NH
Committee 20 Sept 2017
(1) That Committee notes the work done under the policy to date, the outturn to date and difference it has made to people’s lives from the customer feedback received.
(2) That Committee approves a variation to the hospital discharge grant eligibility to include any older person or disabled person being discharged from intermediate care (such as Craven Vale & Knowle House)
(3) That Committee approves the proposal to fund a dedicated Community Link Specialist within the Link Back Service to co-ordinate a small pool of early intervention volunteers to deliver the hospital discharge grant assisted support.
(4) That Committee approves a variation to the dispensing with the means test from dispensing with the means test altogether for works costing up to £5,000, to making a contribution of up to £5,000 toward the cost of works where the disabled person has an assessed contribution to pay.
(5) That Committee approves an increase to the maximum amount of assistance available under the warm, safe homes assistance from £5,000 to £7,500.
(6) That a report be submitted to the Committee in a year’s time outlining how money had been spent.
Report author: Sarah Potter
Publication date: 19/09/2018
Date of decision: 19/09/2018
Decided at meeting: 19/09/2018 - Housing & New Homes Committee