Decision - Proposed Selective Licensing Scheme for privately rented homes
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Proposed Selective Licensing Scheme for privately rented homes
Decision Maker: Housing & New Homes Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
That the Housing & New Homes Committee:
(1) Notes the results of the consultation undertaken in relation to the proposed Selective Licensing Scheme as summarised in this report and detailed in the appendices 1 and 2.
(2) Designates the following wards as subject to selective licensing under section 80 of the Housing Act 2004
· St Peters & North Laine
· Moulsecoomb & Bevendean
· Hollingdean & Stanmer
· Queens Park
· Hanover & Elm Grove
· Brunswick & Adelaide
· East Brighton
· South Portslade
· Central Hove
· Preston Park
(3) Authorises the Executive Director Neighbourhoods, Communities and Housing to submit an application for confirmation of the designation to the Secretary of State.
(4) Agrees the fee structure for a Selective Licensing Scheme as set out in paragraph 3.36.
(5) Approve the Selective Licensing Scheme conditions attached at Appendix 3.
will explore appropriate concessions on licence fees
for participating landlords, should such a good landlord scheme be
launched in the city.
Report author: Diane Hughes, Martin Reid
Publication date: 15/11/2017
Date of decision: 15/11/2017
Decided at meeting: 15/11/2017 - Housing & New Homes Committee
Effective from: 23/11/2017
- Proposed Selective Licensing Scheme for privately rented homes PDF 375 KB
- Appendix 1 Selective Licensing Scheme Consultation Report PDF 830 KB
- Appendix 2 Selective Licensing Scheme consultation queries and responses PDF 210 KB
- Appendix 3 Selective Licensing Scheme Licence Conditions PDF 250 KB
- Appendix 4 Selective Licensing Scheme EIA PDF 587 KB