Decision - Proposed Additional Licensing Scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Proposed Additional Licensing Scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation
Decision Maker: Housing & New Homes Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
That the Housing & New Homes Committee:
(1) Notes the results of the consultation undertaken in relation to the proposed Additional Licensing Scheme as summarised in this report and detailed in the appendices 1 and 2.
(2) Designates the 21 wards in the city as subject to additional licensing under S56(1) of the Housing Act 2004 in relation to smaller HMOs of two or more storeys occupied by three or more people, other than those that are HMOs by virtue of Section 257 of the Housing Act 2004. Such designation to take effect from 1 March 2018 and last for five years, and revokes the existing City Centre designation with effect from 1 March 2018.
(3) Agrees the fee structure for the HMO licensing schemes as set out in paragraph 3.30. This will apply to the existing Mandatory HMO and City Centre additional licensing schemes from 1 January 2018 and if approved the new scheme from 1 March 2018.
(4) Agrees the HMO licensing scheme conditions and standards attached at Appendix 3. This will apply to the existing Mandatory HMO and City Centre Additional licensing schemes from 1 January 2018 and if approved the new scheme from 1 March 2018.
(5) Authorises the Executive Director Neighbourhoods, Communities and Housing to take such steps as are required following the designation and revocation referred to in 2.2 above.
That officers will explore appropriate concessions on licence fees
for participating landlords, should such a good landlord scheme be
launched in the city.
Report author: Diane Hughes, Martin Reid
Publication date: 15/11/2017
Date of decision: 15/11/2017
Decided at meeting: 15/11/2017 - Housing & New Homes Committee
- Proposed Additional Licensing Scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation PDF 309 KB
- Appendix 1 Additional Licensing Scheme Consultation Report PDF 898 KB
- Appendix 2 Additional Licensing Scheme consultation queries and responses PDF 214 KB
- Appendix 3 HMO Conditions & Standards PDF 403 KB
- Appendix 4 Additional Licensing Scheme EIA PDF 528 KB