Decision - Private Rented Sector Licensing Schemes
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Private Rented Sector Licensing Schemes
Decision Maker: Housing & New Homes Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1) That consultation for the proposed fee structure for a Selective Licensing Scheme is approved.
2) That consultation for the updated fee structure for an Additional HMO Licensing Scheme is approved.
3) That the updated fee structure for the National Mandatory Scheme is approved.
4) That subject to consultation with landlords, allow for an option of reduced fees for those landlords who are signed up to a ‘good landlord accreditation scheme’, with reductions made on the basis that ‘good landlord’ licenses will be less costly to administer and enforce.
5) That the draft Selective Licensing Scheme conditions attached at Appendix 1 be noted for consultation.
6) That the draft updated Additional HMO Licensing Scheme conditions attached at Appendix 2 be noted for consultation.
Report author: Diane Hughes, Martin Reid
Publication date: 14/06/2017
Date of decision: 14/06/2017
Decided at meeting: 14/06/2017 - Housing & New Homes Committee
Effective from: 22/06/2017