Decision - Young People’s Housing Advice and Supported Accommodation Tender
navigation and tools
You are here - Home : Council and Democracy : Councillors and Committees : Decision details
Young People’s Housing Advice and Supported Accommodation Tender
Decision Maker: Housing & New Homes Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Commissioning proposal for supported
accommodation and housing advice services for Care Leavers and
Young People at risk of homelessness.
(2) That delegated authority be granted to the Executive Director of Health & Adult Social Care, following consultation with the Executive Director Neighbourhoods, Communities & Housing and Executive Director of Families, Children & Learning, to:
(i) carry out the procurement and award of the new contracts referred to in 2.1 above each with a term of three years and an option to extend the term by up to a further two years;
(ii) grant the two year extension in relation to each contract referred to in 2.1 above, subject to performance of the relevant contractor.
(3) That the proposals to procure a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for the provision of supported accommodation for young people between the ages of 16 and 25 be approved.
(4) That delegated authority be granted to the Executive Director of Health & Adult Social Care, following consultation with the Executive Director Neighbourhoods, Communities & Housing and the Executive Director of Families, Children & Learning, to:
(i) carry out the procurement of the DPS referred to in 2.3 above;
(ii) agree the term of the DPS;
(iii) award and let the DPS; and
(iv) award and let call-off contracts under the DPS.
(5) That the set-aside of funding for the development and future commission of Peer Mentoring and Move On Facilitator roles be approved.
(6) That it be noted that the commissioning and procurement plan for young people’s advice and supported accommodation services will be aligned with objectives within the Brighton and Hove Pledge to Children and Young People in Care, the Housing and Support Commissioning Strategy for Young People 2013, the Homelessness Strategy 2014-19, the Rough Sleeping Strategy 2016, and the Council’s priorities for the integration of social care and health through Better Care.
(7) That a progress report be submitted to a future Housing & New Homes Committee.
Report author: Sandra Herring, Juliette Beach
Publication date: 16/11/2016
Date of decision: 16/11/2016
Decided at meeting: 16/11/2016 - Housing & New Homes Committee
Effective from: 24/11/2016